Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 Escape Limited and the Back up sensors are not

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Escape Limited and the Back up sensors are not working
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/33jfy-2005-escape-limited-back-sensors-not.html#ixzz3z7ZZmhIv
Parking aid has not worked for the last 10 years; switch stays lit (off). When it first happened I did an adibal check on each of the four sensors and all four made a clicking noise so I assumed they where all good. Other then buying a new sensor and swapping them out to locate the faulty sensor (assuming only 1 is bad) is there another way?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

It sounds like the sensors are all good. So it is not giving any false readings, just not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats it? Tell me something I don't know

Ok, do you know that there was a factory service bulletin on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TSB for speaker

Yes.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the bulletin for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can and have found the TSB just don't know if that is the issue. I have a code reader but it will not pull up those codes. I'm looking for other ways or things to test.Thanks

I see, thanks. Not that they will always set trouble codes, (C1742 or C1743) but there are some pinpoint tests that can be done with an volt/ohm meter.

.

I can get the pinpoint test instructions for it as well. It would be hard to say without testing, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know I don't mind paying for helpful advice and after several attempts to get a good answer and after each one I get a request for more money. This may not be the site it hope it would be. Pinpoint test would be helpful but I'm not paying more. I very unsatisfied at this point.

I see, thanks. That is one of the reasons that I don't send anything as an answer, just yet. Normally we just get punished for trying to help. Thanks and let me know what it is that you would like to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand it may be the Just Answers system and I do not want to be ungrateful for your time but... sense my question was not answered I would like a full refund. I will go elsewhere or solve it on my own.Thanks

I see, thanks. Wish you all the best with it and please come again, anytime.