Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 Ford Edge that was running fine. I went to go

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford Edge that was running fine. I went to go to lunch on Friday at work only 3 hours after I had last drove the vehicle and it wouldn't start. Battery is fine. Advance Auto tested our starter and said it was good. When the key is in ignition radio, dash lights all work like normal. Security light does not stay on. Fuses are also good. We also tried jiggling the key in the ignition while turning to the start position and saw no improvement, Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. Do you hear any audible click when the key is turned to the START position, also, have you tried raking the gear stick to L and starting it in neutral? If not, try that and let me know what happens. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried putting it in L and back to N. Not starting, only 1 click.
Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

OK, you do get one click out of it correct?

Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

Have you ever done this test, get someone to HOLD the key in START position while you tap on the starter motor with a tire iron or hammer? I believe your starter motor has failed if you hearing that audible clicking sound each time the key is turned to the START position.

Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you can do that test. Thank you.