Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2003 ford explorer with

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2003 ford explorer with a 4.6 engine. All of a sudden I get an intermittent ABS light that stays on until I restart the car. I also have an intermittent cruise control that has pretty much stopped working all together. I checked the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder since it was affecting both but that checked good. So now I am starting all over. So much for an easy fix.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The abs light has come on a few times in the past but then goes out for weeks/months. Recently it seems to come on now whenever I drive the car. It will stay off for awhile every time I drive. The cruise was working just fine and then all of a sudden it started being intermittent and now not at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Diagnosing the ABS is going to require a diagnostic tool to see which code(s) are stored, do you have access to one?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris