Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I have a 1995 Ford Taurus. The airbag light blinks 4 times

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Ford Taurus. The airbag light blinks 4 times and then once. What does this mean?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's kind of it. Prior to this there was a beeping noise that went on, but that's gone now. I don't really care about it other than the airbag light is blinking.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Flashout code 41 indicates a circuit issue with the primary cowl crash sensor mounted on the radiator cowl support. It can be caused by the sensor itself, a wiring or connector issue between the sensor and the restraints module or the restraints module. Pinpoint testing would be required to determine which of these is causing the code.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All right so how do I do that?

I did not realize you wanted repair instructions, your question just stated for code definition. I do not provide diagnostic testing for airbag systems because of the risk involved. I will opt out and maybe another expert can help you.