Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 98 Ford super duty 350 it's not starting it kicked

Customer Question

I have a 98 Ford super duty 350 it's not starting it kicked once but didn't start wearing my battery down would it help if I pulled The water in fuel stick with that prime the engine?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Is this gas or diesel? I'm presuming diesel since you mentioned water in fuel

Do you have a check engine light? Diesels take a little bit more to diagnose and with that engine, it needs a scanner put on to check the oil pressure reading on the ICP sensor when cranking. If that reading is low, the truck will never start.

You mentioned it did start once, but how ong did it run?

Do one quick check. Look in the fuse panel in the cab of the truck at the fuse for the fuel heater circuit. It will be fuse 22. It is a 30 Amp fuse. It should be the top right fuse. If it is blown, the truck will not start. Check it first. They are common to blow in the winter due to a bad fuel heater element.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?