Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My 2004 f250 power stoke 4x4 transmission is acting up with

Customer Question

My 2004 f250 power stoke 4x4 transmission is acting up with the throttle press to the floor it struggles to gain speed and whines out the gears I have to release the trotted for it to shift to the next gear maximum 60mph at two miles down the road slow take off if I baby to throttle it shifts through the gears just fine if I try to hit passing gear there is minimum acceleration
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

you are describing a classic case of burnt and/or worn friction discs inside the transmission. You are in need of a friction disc replacement which will require a rebuild.

I wish the news was better, but that is what it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?