rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Flashers 't work all the time on 2004 ford ranger
,

Customer Question

Flashers don't work all the time on 2004 ford ranger
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i push up or down the they will click a few times then go on then stop. 4 ways work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This could be one of two things. Flasher module or most likely cause would be a bad multi-function switch. That's the turn signal switch that also does other functions as well.

Thanks, Ron