rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2002 ford f350 super duty with 7.3 powerstroke and

Customer Question

i have a 2002 ford f350 super duty with 7.3 powerstroke and i pulled it garage to change oil cooler seals, alternator, serpitine belt, belt tensionor, and idler puller and fuel filter and did oil change i pit new fluids in and went to turn key and nothing no power nothing lights up or does anything i went over fuses all seem to be good but i did notice i have an odd ball battery terminal it is the positive side on passanger side battery could that one terminal be the cause of the no start situation? if not any ideas wich way to go with this i do have power at new atlernatater and at boat solenoids on to of mototr
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Be sure to have the batteries tested and the cables including both ends. Take the alternator off and bring it to a parts house to have it tested. if all these check good, replace your starter.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has no power when key is turned on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the key is turned on it acts like there are no batterys at all nothing powers up no dash lights or no headlights no radio no dome light nothing at all powers up the alternator is brand new
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Check the ignition switch too for power going to the starter solenoid. If the truck has no power at all to any accessories either, then the main harness from the positive cable to the power distribution box under the hood has a problem, or the box itself lost power internally.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could a bad postitive battery terminal on the passenger side battery be the problem
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that's I said to check what I did.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok cool ill go try that thank you
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you too, please don't forget to rate me:)

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I know this can be confusing at times:)

Thanks again, Ron