Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2000 F250 Super duty,Gas V10 w/auto trans .I can

Customer Question

I have a 2000 F250 Super duty,Gas V10 w/auto trans .I can only start by jumping starter. I have checked fuses & relays all other systems seem to be working. Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It will non start w/ the key. When i turn key to start i can hear the relay click,and the system light go off on the instrument cluster as the normally do. I have also changed the neutral safety switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You are hearing the relay in the truck, correct? Have you tested the relay on the passenger firewall, near the battery? Have someone turn the ky for you and see if you have a ignition signal going to the small wire on that relay. They commonly go out and will casue the condition you have.

If it is good, then you know you are getting a signal from the ignition switch to it. Then next you check the large wires and see that it is activating to send power to the starter solenoid. If not, replace that relay. If so, then there is an issue between it and the starter solenoid.

This is the fastest way to chase down a start problem like you are having.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy