Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 91 Ford F-150 inline 6 4.9L 2wd and I'm haveing

Customer Question

I have a 91 Ford F-150 inline 6 4.9L 2wd and I'm haveing problems getting it started it will crank over but will start up for about 10 seconds then cut off any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Have you tried spraying starting fluid in carb and see if it continues to run? Sounds like the fuel pump has quit