Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Drawing juice from batt. put a test light between pos term,

Customer Question

drawing juice from batt. put a test light between pos term, pull i/p 60amp light goes out. what would be drawing the batt?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The test light method is not an effective method to perform a drain test, since a single milliamp draw can light a light and up to 80 mA is allowed. Can you redo the test with a digital volt meter this time negative cable. Let me know the mA draw before and after this fuse is out? Also make sure the door is not opened during this test and the vehicle has been at rest with the meter connected for 30 minutes prior to getting these readings.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris