Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

With 07 Ford F150 not running, I turn on key in 15 secs CEL

Customer Question

With 07 Ford F150 not running, I turn on key in 15 secs CEL flashes 8 times, then remains on, Had fuel flushed by Ford ($350), light came back. Gas mileage OK,
but misses with passing. Filled Gas Tank, took about 5 miles for indicator to come
up to full.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

While the engine is running, if the CEL is flashing that means the PCM has detected a misfire occurring. Normally that is the plugs and wires and or coils.

What liter engine do you have?

Do you know which codes are stored?

Current miles and list all repairs in the last 70k?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.4 L Code not annotated by Ford prior to flush. 58,000 mi, Did a lot sitting over the years, bad gas probably,
flushed radiator, changed tires, battery, nothing to engine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember the flashing is with the key on, engine not running.

Thanks, ***** ***** said not running, then misses when passing.

Bad gas is a possible cause, but not all that common. If you can get it running you could run that fuel out. I bet this is going to be one coil bad or the plugs needing to be changed.

Is the check engine light on while running?

Any way you can get it scanned, parts stores do that for free, assuming the CEL is on while running.

Heading out to dinner, but will be back online later.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can Get it scanned, starts great, runs great except passing. CFL is on while running. Gas mileage is 19 - 20 on
highway 12 -*****in town, occasional miss. Should I just put it in for svc?

If your not able to do the repairs that we diagnose are needed then yes a service facility is needed. If you can do the repairs, once i know the codes I can tell you what and how to do it.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris