Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is lou...1998 Ford 1504x4 with 48,000 ***** *****.

Customer Question

hi,my name is ***** ***** 1504x4 with 48,000 ***** *****. Oil pressure is fine for 5 to 10 minutes then when slowing down oil pressure guage shows a drop to nothing until I rev up the engine...new pump put in-not hi pressure
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: type(from Auto Zone), new oil, new pressure sensor-No difference in pressure-I think I will have the oil pan dropped next to check filter screen and tube-Was told by garage crank shaft is not too good but with that low milage-this problem with pressbegan a couple of weeks back
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you hook up a pressure gauge to check the pressure?

What liter engine do you have?