EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Bill here I have an issue with over heating on 2008 6.4

Customer Question

Bill here I have an issue with over heating on 2008 6.4 diesel I want to swap out the fan that is controlled by the brain box for one that I could run on a manual switch What years of F350 truck would fit in this application
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Itb over hats only when you pull a steep grade it threw o code for no signal from PCM to fan
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Ford does have a TSB that states there is an updated cooling fan clutch. I have replaced these before for the same concern.

You wouldn't want to put another used one in and have the same problem.

Thank you for viewing my response on 1/28/2016 at 5:55:09 PM 3 day(s) ago. Have you made progress with your truck? Do you have any more questions on this? Please rate my service and have a good day.