Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2003 Sable LS Premium SW. The instrument power

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Sable LS Premium SW. The instrument power lights, drivers door power lock, lights for ABS and traction control are not working although functions seem OK. However, now the fan or A/C blow hot air at all times in any setting other than OFF. Mechanic suggests this needs a new BCM. Please advise
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The generic electronic control module (GEM) or otherwise known as the body control module does control and monitor these components here.The GEM is a common component that fails and causes this type of fault here.With what you have described here at fault and with the common failure of it this sounds like what needs replaced here.

It will need replaced with a new one or a used one with the same part number and if the used one is not from the same exact model with the same exact options or if it is a new one then a dealer will have to setup and program it to operate in your model here.I suspect the GEM is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete