Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I'm working on a f-350 06 6.0L it starts but does not have

Customer Question

I'm working on a f-350 06 6.0L it starts but does not have throttle response.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it runs but no peddle. and have a lot of codes p0107 p0237 p0403 p0406 p0472 p2104 p2122 p2127 p2132 p2285 ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With most of the codes set here and with what is occuring this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the APP sensor (accelerator pedal position sensor).This sensor is common to fail and cause this issue here as I have seen before and had to replace.The codes need cleared out with a scan tool then the vehicle operated again to see what codes come back with this issue here.Then those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

If you want the test procedure for the app sensor let me know as I can post it here so this can be tested to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete