Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2014 motor home with v10 motor and serve engine

Customer Question

i have a 2014 motor home with v10 motor and serve engine light is on...only 7100miles...oil change/normal maint. issue?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: name is ***** ***** runs fine but light recently came...no sced maint has been done and not driven since light came on...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The service engine light come on when the computer sees a systems fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned . If you can get this done and post back with the fault codes I can help you determine the cause.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

As long as the light is not flashing you are safe to drive it. The computer system has back up strategy and in most cases you will not notice any change in engine performance. If you can get the scan done and report back with the fault code and or codes I will advise you from there on the correct repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks ill check it out....I did know that much...I was hoping it would be a simple fix like change the oil...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Let get the fault codes and we can work from there. Let me know.