Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Here. I had my battery die in my 2010 Ford Escape last

Customer Question

here. I had my battery die in my 2010 Ford Escape last winter. Ever since, I still have basic radio function, and the CD player works. I am missing the search filter ( soft rock, oldies, country, etc) and the scroll that shows the song and artist. I would like to recover these functions.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Everything else on the car works fine!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Ford only has one reset option that only has a 50% chance of working. Disconnect the negative battery cable over night, a minimum of 4 hours. If that fails then the radio has to be replaced. When a battery is not addressed prior to failing in the vehicle, sensitive electronic boards like the radio and instrument cluster will fail from the rapid voltage surges of a battery failing.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris