A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 2011 ford expedition xlt. I am having issues with

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ford expedition xlt. I am having issues with air flow control adjustment in both auto and manual mode. In addition, when adjusting the rear control from the driver for heat the overheat vents do not blow air. When the rear controls are on you can adjust the temp and air flow amount using the rear controls only.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The rear AC operates as follows..

The auxiliary climate control system has dual controls for the front and rear passengers consisting of temperature/mode and blower speed. The front auxiliary A/C control functionality is integrated into the main instrument panel mounted HVAC module. The rear auxiliary A/C control is mounted in the rear finish panel of the front floor console. Temperature and airflow mode are combined into a single setting. When the temperature is set to full cool, the airflow mode will be automatically set to discharge from the headliner registers. When the temperature is set to full warm, the airflow mode will be set to discharge from the floor register.

What other issues are you having with the system?