Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Shawn, i have a question, my ford expedition, the blinker

Customer Question

hi shawn , i have a question , my ford expedition , the blinker doesen't work i replaced the whole switch assambly and still wont flash, but when i turn them up and down on my own the light work, this happens in both my 2000 , and 1999 expedition, could it be a relay?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Do the turn signals light up when you turn them on and just do not flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they , come on if i ficically move the switch up and down, and also the arrows come on but stay on , wont flash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already replace the switch assambly , completely is brand new. plugged the wiring harness back on etc, nothing. originally it would work , from time to time ,until it just stop working, this happens in both of my expedition.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases this type of problem is caused by a failed flasher relay. I would start with replacing the relay. Its located under the dash to the right of the steering column. See the link below for its location. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Flasher%20Jan%2026.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that relay separated from the regular fuse and relay box under the dash?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is, its located in the Aux relay box, there are two relays in the box, one for the blower motor and one for the turn signals. The Aux relay box is in the center of the dash to the right of the steering column under the dash as shown in the diagram I sent you.