Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Would fixing the throttle body help with the transmission

Customer Question

Would fixing the throttle body help with the transmission slipping?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Fixing the throttle body will help it shift better by giving you the proper shift points, but slipping itself, no it wouldn't. Slipping is a good indication of bad friction discs or a torque converter acting up. Now if the throttle body is sending the wrong signal, it could be unlocking the converter in which you get a feeling of slipping, but that is when you are at a cruise and not under an acceleration. So the answer depends on when it feels like it is slipping. If at accelerate, no. If at cruising speed, it is possible, but still not a guarantee.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?