EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

1996 7.3 ,missing on # 8, then it quits, then it does it

Customer Question

Customer: 1996 7.3 ,missing on # ***** , then it quits, then it does it again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sitting in the shop running. it will go to missing on 8. then after a minute or two it will start hitting again. once it even died, while it was missing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Have you checked the injector hold down to see if it is tight?

Thank you for viewing my response. Have you checked the injector or made any other progress with your truck? Please let me know if you have more questions and also please rate my service. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the problem was the wiring harness. the plug came loose. the added resistance melted the plug.. Ive got a wiring harness ordered.

Ok. Sounds good. Thanks for letting me assist you and please rate my service and have a great evening. Thank you.