Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 2003 ford f150 the truck just started running very rough

Customer Question

My 2003 ford f150 the truck just started running very rough the computer says it has 17 faults, example says Battery is faulty the battery test fine, says the o2 sensor heaters are not working several other faults????? HELP
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

With that many faults the most likely cause is a voltage problem.

Do you have a multi-meter to check alternator output?

When you say the battery tests fine, what is the amperage rating?

What are the codes that are displayed?

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thx for quik response
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Do you need any additional info?

I'd love to help you get this one sorted out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
truck fixed inspected wiring found all faults in same circuit. poor connection at battery jct box. replaced D fuse. no more faults
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Oh ok. Please let me know if you need help in the future.