Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

Grinfield.
, 94 7.3 Ford diesel starts then starts to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Grinfield.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 94 7.3 Ford diesel starts then starts to miss then dies. It will do this all day long. Help!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 10 months ago.

Do you have to let it sit for a while before it will restart?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No , it will restart immediatly and do that all day long. I have replaced both the in tank pumps and pick up screens,the fuel tank switching valve, the high pressure pump, cam position sensor, crank angle sensor, Valve cover gaskets (harness), fuel filter, injector controller, borrowed from a runing truck, checked fuel supply lines numerous times, (Have A reccuring fuel leak at the mechanical pump) The fuel filter is always full of fuel every time I unscrew the cap. I know I am staring this problem in the face but cannot see it. My backround . I was a design and test engineer for FORD TRUCK lots of years ago. The first video on you tube is described as starts, and runs for a few seconds, misses and dies, same problem I have but has no answer an is looking for help as well. Mike HELP ME! Please.
Expert:  Ray M. replied 10 months ago.

I watched the video you mentioned, it sounds like it is electrical, check the wires to the IPR regulator, I have seen the wire break inside the covering and when it warms up the insulation relaxes enough to allow the wires to break contact.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 10 months ago.

still need more help?