Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2002 7.3 f250 dies when i put it in reverse. also radio will

Customer Question

Customer: 2002 7.3 f250 dies when i put it in reverse. also radio will not come on until i put it in gear.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a a aftermarket phone in the vehicle that i had cut out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Stalling in reverse often means the reverse clutch is leaking pressure causing the line pressure to drop and the converter clutch engage uncommanded.

Lets see if the radio will not come on in park from a power issue. In park running are fuses 11 and 42 powered?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just found out if i pull fuse 27 after the truck is started it will go into gear and run fine but i do not have blinkers without the fuse. radio also works when i pull the five amp radio start fuse.

Fuse 27 disables power to the TR sensor on the transmission. This sensor tells the PCM what gear you have selected. Do you have a scan tool so we can monitor this sensors readings through each gear? A faulty TR sensor should of resulted in the OD cancel light flashing and codes stored, did you have that issue?

The radio start fuse is only supposed to shut the radio off briefly while starting to prevent an electrical feedback through the radio speakers while starting. When putting the vehicle into gear while already running, is this effecting the power on fuse 32?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I haven't had any codes run on the truck because up till today did i realize that I could move the truck by pulling fuse 27. I have installed a new TR switch, so I am assuming it should be working properly. It is one of the first things I did other than checking and changing batteries and cables. Unless you are thinking there is a short or ground issue with it.
I was kind of thinking the radio and truck not going into reverse were linked some how but I am definitely not a mechanic or expert.

It is for sure an electrical issue, we just need to figure how its connected.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris