rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My nam3e is ***** *****, I have a 1995 ford f150 flat six

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my nam3e is ***** *****, I have a 1995 ford f150 flat six truck, that seems to have a fuel pump issue, it was running fine, I recently replaced the computer, cleaned the injectors, new plugs, new plug wires and then I pulled into a store, let=ft if running when I went inside, when I came out, put it in gear and it abruptly died. It would start back, but after sitting a while it started,t hen died again, then did that again, then wouldn't start at all. it has dual tanks and it wont start on either tank. On a dual tank truck, are there dual fuel pumps also on the fuel tanks?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well so much for that
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You have 3 fuel pumps, one on the frame rail under the driver's side and 1 in each tank. The one on the frame rail may be the problem if switching tanks didn't help.

Thanks, Ron