Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Ihave changed all componits of brake system on 1995 f350

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ihave changed all componits of brake system on 1995 f350 have bvrakes with engine off but no brakes whill running have changed master cyl 6 times thanking it to be faltie
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: truck came to me after appling brakes hard whill backing down steep hill peddle went to floor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok as you said you replaced all components, I assume you replaced the calipers as well. the most common issue is installing the new calipers on the wrong sides - they fit either side but are actually side specific for correct bleeder screw replacement. I have seen more than my share of Master Techs make this mistake, so it is common to do

Look at the calipers you installed. Are the bleeder screws below or above the brake hose to caliper connection?

If they are below, then you have them on the wrong side. When the bleeders are below the connection, there is always an air bubble at top caliper that will never bleed out. Swap sides with the calipers and bleed them and you are good to go.

Expert:  venus-cssm replied 10 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks