Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I recently purchased an 04 Explorer with a 6 cyl engine.

Customer Question

I recently purchased an 04 Explorer with a 6 cyl engine. Every once in a while is seems like the transmission makes a clunking sound when accelerating. BUT if I pull over and turn off and restart the motor the trouble goes away. I'm lost!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Check the fluid in the vehicle and see if it is fresh and new. Hopefully you just purchased the vehicle within the last 3 days so you can force the previous owner to repair under the lemon law. They may know there is an issue with the trans and that is wy they sold it to you.

This issue could be something minor like a fluid/filter change need or something major like a bad gear, bad friction plate, or an issue with the torque converter. Turning the key off is only getting rid of what bind is going on temporarily. The issue sounds like a part that needs a major repair to fix based on what you described.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy