Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 08 ford powerstroke worth the 6.4 turbo diesel. The

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 08 ford powerstroke worth the 6.4 turbo diesel. The truck is having an issue surging like it wants to die every couple of seconds. It even died on me going down the interstate the other day I limped it home and it has been seting since. I'm getting several different trouble codes P2080 p2453 p2455 p2452 and p2455 it also seems like the truck will never come out of regen any time I look at the dash it tells me it is cleaning exhaust filter
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Your symptoms, and the p2455, p02453 and p2452 codes sound like a bad particulate filter sensor and particulate filter.

The p2080 indicates a problem with the exhaust gas temperature sensor.

Do you plan to diagnose/repair the vehicle yourself?

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plan on fixing the vehicle myself. Will a tune and a dpf delete also solve the problem? Will this take care of the problem missing/dying symptom also?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

A DPF delete might. You have one of two problems; Either the DPF and sensor are both bad and will need to be replaced, or the more likely option, the connector that both of those items runs through is corroded or damaged.

The connector that runs them both is in this diagram.

You will need to unplug it and check it for corroded pins or damage.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Also, don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any additional information.

Please rate if you no longer need any assistance.