C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

Trouble starting a 2002 Ford E450 when cold. Had a diagnosis

Customer Question

Trouble starting a 2002 Ford E450 when cold. Had a diagnosis of a possible fuel pump problem, but will not start on starter fluid either. any other suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

If it is also not starting on starting fluid this would indicate the issue is may not be fuel related. What engine do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the Triton V10, gas powered.

Do you have spark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good question, wasn't there when the guy was troubleshooting it. That would be the next step. I would have thought he would have checked that, but I guess not. This has the coil packs, so it a bit harder right?

You just have to pull the the top cover off the engine this is easy to do than remove the one bolt and take the coil off you can either insert a screw driver if you dont have a spark tester. Should emit a bright blue light. Very common issue is a bad camshaft position sensor on this vehicle causing it to not get spark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, many thanks for the response.

You are very welcome, If you still need help after the above has been checked let me know. Remember to rate my assistance.