rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 1994 Ford Club Wagon water pump went bad then the bolt on

Customer Question

My 1994 Ford Club Wagon water pump went bad then the bolt on timing chain cover broke off. I am now trying to put it all back together
I need a picture of the front of the motor can anyone assist me.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Engine size?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
351 Windsor don't know what liter
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

It's 5.8 liters, but Alldata does not supply that diagram. From what you stated earlier, you will need to drill out the broken bolt and extract it from the block.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've already drilled out the bolt, timing chain is back on I need a picture of how the water pump goes back and which bolts to use before the pulley is installed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

I see, the best way to do it without a diagram would be to measure the holes and match to the bolts. Use a thin screwdriver to insert in each hole and measure with your finger where it stops, then use the appropriate bolt length. This does work, it has happened to me before. I don't know why the diagram isn't available, but I looked at everything related to the front of the motor. Thanks again, and good luck.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I called O'riely's and they have a picture there in one of there books so I'm gonna go there thanks anyway.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Ok, Please don't forget to rate me for my time and ideas.

Thanks again, Ron