Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

, I had ford dealership change my plugs after my failed

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had ford dealership change my plugs after my failed attempt and braking 2 off ... BUT its probably been 1-11/2 years ago and maybe 10-15,000 miles . a few months ago I was on a trip and pulled over because I smelt gas ... never could find a leak , so went on .. then about 2 months ago it did it again at a stop light ... and has gotten worse ... still no visual signs of a leak . Any ideas ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This is going to be caused by a loose spark plug. I would remove all of the coils and check each plug. You will find at least one loose.

This is a very common issue for fuel smell.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts receive no compensation without a positive rating.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Please let me know what they find for the fuel smell issue.

Thanks,

Kenny