Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

I cannot find where to hook up a vacuum gage to on my gas

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I cannot find where to hook up a vacuum gage to on my gas 2015 F250. No ports anywhere... only hoses for vac brake assist and such, maintain high vacume and do not correspond with throttle opening.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. Thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 10 months ago.

Hello, are you still looking for answer to this question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Patiently waiting, but no rush.

Can I ask why you want to check the vacuum?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just want to.install a vac gage.

Ok, sorry I didn't get back sooner.

Which engine do you have in your truck?

If yours is the 6.2l I have attached a picture showing the vacuum lines.

#2 on the drawing is the vacuum hose that you would have to cut and install a tee fitting into to install a vacuum gauge

Here is the drawing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** gas, I will check it and confirm back to you after this weekend, ok?

Ok, sounds good.

Did you find it?

Can you please rate me.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, but it may just be the resolution of picture and my orientation. Not SEXUAL orientation but, can you please tell me what some of the other numbers are? And which way is "the front" so I can get my bearings? I tried but I may have to remove some air cleaner pipes up to the throttle body to RECOGNIZE the landscape. I cannot find that picture in my engine compartment. It's so bloody busy in there (and freaking cold... we are getting a blizzard right now... 20 degrees in garage :( but if you can send me some hints, I will try and just verify it is my truck... I'll just assume it's all good and [email protected] the balance happy. I'll wait till its a lil warmer to do my work! Thank you.

You are correct, the orientation is backwards. I believe that those hoses are actually on the rear of the intake. If you look close it appears that the throttle body attaches to the far end of the drawing.

I hope that helped.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My next opportunity to try and verify the drawing is correct/ answers my question, will be next weekend. I will give you feedback early next week.

Sounds good