Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

I have a 91 f350 diesel 7.3 v8 my truck has no power when

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, i have a 91 f350 diesel 7.3 v8 my truck has no power when you turn the key, but batteries are still good I think it might be the main relay but can not be sure where it is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when the truck is running and i turn on the deforst mode on the ac the truck just dies like the power was cut. at first it would turn back on but now there is no power at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: not really i am willing to pay if your advise does fix the problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Have you tested the altornator and the fuse link? I ask that becasue truck died when you turned the blower on which is a good indicator of a bad alternator.

Relay should be mounted on the firewall, passenger side near the battery. You have a battery cable going in and one coming out with a small wire attached to it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey Jerry, alternator is good. Can you give me a picture of fuse link? I am unable to find it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also right now I am not getting power to anything. Not even head lights, both batteries are reading 12volts
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also it only does when the blower was turned to defrost if it is left on floor switch it was working but as of right now no power at all
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I don't do phone calls so I am going to opt out for someone that does do them.

Thanks.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 10 months ago.

so nothing works at all, like radio etc. ?

Do you have headlights and signal/taillights?