Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2009 Ford F150 4.6. It will intermittently turn over but

Customer Question

2009 Ford F150 4.6. It will intermittently turn over but will not crank. Shows code p0690. When It decides not to run the starter will stay engaged. Has good fuel pressure. Battery Tests good. I also cleaned battery terminals.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The Code P0690 suggests that the PCM (computer) is detecting low voltage from the fuel pump relay . This problem can be cause by any of the following,

• Fuel Pump Relay
  • Fuel Pump Relay Wiring
  • Fuse

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0690%20Jan%2019.pdf