Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My name is ***** ***** and I have a ford F-150 ecoboost.

Customer Question

Customer: HI my name is ***** ***** and I have a ford F-150 ecoboost.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live in the Canadian Arctic and it is regularly -40 to -60. The truck is fine when it is running or plugged in (it has oil pan heater, block heater, battery blanket). Last night the plug came out and now it won't turn over. The battery is fine and its been plugged in all day, but it wont crank. Is there some kind of sequence involving the pedals to reset this and make it turn over?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I might have to go, lets see how long it takes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

There is no sequence with the pedals to reset the truck.

Are you sure the engine isn't frozen or the oil is so thick it won;t allow the engine to rotate? Temps that low you may have a frozen engine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?