Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2004 F250 FX4 Super Duty with a 7.3L engine. The

Customer Question

I have a 2004 F250 FX4 Super Duty with a 7.3L engine. The water in the fuel idiot light comes on periodically especially when I step on the gas. I have had the fuel filters changed and put probably 30 bottles of fuel treatment in. It usually doesn't stall, but the glow plug light also comes on and a few seconds later, everything is fine. This started about 5 months ago and occurs almost daily now.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Can you please verify your vehicle info? 2004 didn't have the 7.3 in it. I need accurate info so I can give a accurate response. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6.0
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the verify. I wanted to know for both engines use a different fuel setup.

On the 6.0L you have a module that sits next to the fuel pump on the rail, under the driver seat. That is the HFCM.

Take a 6mm allen wrench and remove the drain plug to see if there is actually water there or if the sensor is corroded from water that was in the system before. If no water, replace the manifold or the whole HFCM. You can buy the manifold only on eBay, but Ford only sells the whole unit.

It is a pretty usual problem on the 6.0L for that sensor to go bad on those trucks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?