Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a new F 350 and I'm taking off the factory box to put

Customer Question

I have a new F 350 and I'm taking off the factory long box to put on a flatbed. Have factory back up camera on pickup and want to put it on the head rack of the flatbed. Is there the harness for the camera inside the main harness or is there a plug or block up near the cab. If not a junction near the cab do you know if they make an extension you can plug in to the camera harness at the back of the truck and run it up to the front of the flatbed? Thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There is no common connector between the cab and camera. The wires come in from different places through different connector. The only common point is at the camera. There is also not an extension or anything.. you have to splice into the wires and run new ones to the new location. Just be sure to solder and heat shrink the connections and it will be fine.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. THanks