roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

08 ford crown vic poilice car.will not set 02 sensor

Customer Question

Customer: 08 ford crown vic poilice car.will not set 02 sensor monitors for heaters
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: all other monitors are set except 02 sensors and heater monitor.replaced all sensors,drove car no result
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that the ododmeter does not light up.its a police cruiser.no check engine light on.02 monitors for heated 02 sensors and 02 sensor monitor will not set
Expert:  roy replied 12 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

did you verify power to the O2 sensors heater circuit????

did the car code for this????

Roy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no no codes at all
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
never had any codes for 02 sensors or check engine lamp.check fuses to the 02 sensor heaters all fine.
cat converter monitor set and according to my scanner all o2 sensors past the test,but will not set monitors.
Expert:  roy replied 12 months ago.

what tests for the O2 sensors????

if you have a scan tool. do the O2 heaters come on when the engine is first started after a cold soak???

Roy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
they do up the heater on the o2 sensors is not on.
Expert:  roy replied 12 months ago.

do not understand, do the heaters show on with the scan tool???

Roy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no they do not but the 02 sensors are switching as they should but no heater
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no voltage shown for the heaters.
Expert:  roy replied 12 months ago.

they can still switch as usual. if you verified voltage to the sensors as you sad, and do not turn on as they should, you may have a failed pcm. based on the ect sensor, the pcm should ground the heaters and trun them on when cold. if all the indicators are good, then the pcm is the last possibility.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out