Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I HAVE A 2011 FORD EDGE THAT TRANSMISSION OFTEN SLIPS WHEN

Customer Question

Customer: i HAVE A 2011 FORD EDGE THAT TRANSMISSION OFTEN SLIPS WHEN TAKING OFF FROM STOP -- IT DELAYS BEFORE SHIFTING & i'M AFRAID OF STALLING OUT IN TRAFFIC. DEALER JUST PUTS ON COMPUTER BUT DOESN'T FIX. lOTS OF COMPLAINTS ONLINE ABOUT THIS GLITCH THAT FORD DIDN'T RECALL. MY NAME IS ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ALMOST EVERYTIME I DRIVE IT OR SOMETIMES TWICE, IT WILL TRY TO SHIFT WHEN PULLING OUT FROM A STOP, BUT STOPS & IS DELAY BEFORE IT FINALLY SHIFTS & MOVES FORWARD.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What do you mean by they put it on the computer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I MEAN THEY PUT IT ON THE COMPUTER AT FORD SERVICE DEPT & UPDATE SOFTWARE BUT IT DOESN'T FIX THE PROBLEM-- WHICH IS GETTING WORSE

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No.

If it was electrical it would set a code which would turn on the check engine light.

Is the fluid full and what color is it? Does it smell burnt?