rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2006 f150xl dash brake light stays on it used to flicker now

Customer Question

2006 f150xl dash brake light stays on it used to flicker now on all the time replaced 1 wheel senor then moved it to the other side. unplugged master cylinder with no change in light power on 2 pins, 1 no power i have a bad lock cylinder light has been on for over a year
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I would start with doing a complete scan of the system and check all the circuits involved, grounds especially. If all this check out, then the master cylinder would be the culprit.

Thanks, Ron