Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

04. 6.0 hard to start when it starts runs fine until it gets

Customer Question

04. 6.0 hard to start when it starts runs fine until it gets up to temp then it loses oil pressure I tap the throttle pressure comes back for about 10 seconds then goes to nothing.if I keep it just above idle the pressure stays up.i can only get about 2200 rpms out of it .it has no power
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

The main part here is that it wont go above 2200 rpm. the oil pressure has something to do with fuel control.

The lubrication system is pressure regulated, cooled, and full flow filtered. In addition to providing engine lubrication, it supplies oil to the high pressure oil system to control fuel delivery in the fuel injectors.

Have you tested oil pressure with a gauge at temp?