Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Moose. I have a 95 ford chassis on an event with a 460. Fuel

Customer Question

Hello moose. I have a 95 ford chassis on an event with a 460. Fuel pump only receives power when key is in start position. Normal? If not what is possible problems. Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

The fuel pump should run for a few seconds when the key is first turned to run, before turning the key to start, then the fuel pump should run with the key on start and the engine cranking, the fuel pump should also continue to run when the engine is running, and also after the oil pressure has built up to at least 4 psi, most fuel pumps will also run even if the engine isn't started and running.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

This should be the wiring diagram, so if you haven't already done so, check those fuses and if they are ok, retrieve the codes.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

Get it fixed yet?