Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac Limited v-8. The

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac Limited v-8. The transmission slips sometimes. I took it to Ford dealer - they did a diagnostic, they flushed and refilled it and updated the programming. Drove home and tranny shifted beautifully. The next day, it was slipping at different times. If I "get on it" from a stop, it shifts properly. The times I have trouble with the engine revving to above 2500 RPM is at low speed take off's...... it doesn't want to go into over drive unless I let off gas and give it more - then it might shift normally. Took it back to dealer and they said I'd have to get another diagnostic. They told me that the technician could not duplicate problem. I got mad and walked out. Could this be more of an engine control problem? Engine makes a Whirrring sound when it's doing the high RPM's, and makes this sound when starting out from a light. Other times it works fine.... doesn't make a difference if it's cold or hot outside. Thanks for you help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Name is Roy..... have no idea of what I can add. Maybe one problem I have had with it is- driving in town traffic, braking for a light, foot on the brake peddle it will lurch forward. I re-apply brakes and works fine. Almost rear ended a few cars at different. Is this possible - vehicle accelerating when foot is on brake?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you can give me some good Ideas of why and how this is doing the Transmission slipping, I will pay the fee. Thank you Brian
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 10 months ago.

If it is making a whirring sound that is most likely a trans pump problem, the pump is likely going and is not supplying enough pressure at low speeds, but whn the engine is revved up it gives more pressure, I suggest you have the pan dropped and checked for debris.