Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2007 ford f150 after driving pull up my steep driveway it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2007 ford f150 after driving pull up my steep driveway it starts missing and sounds like valve noise if i drive on a bumpy road it doise it more often ive changed plugs, cam sensors twice only code has been cam sensor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: drives fine except at times come to a stop sounds like valve noise if i drive on a bumpy road wants to stall and makes valve noise i thought when i changed the plugs i blew everything out of cuclinders very good but when i started it made a pop sound i think number 8 cylinder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i can wait ill be back home around 2-3 in calif
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The bumpy roads and cam codes makes me want to check the cam sensor and cam actuator wiring for chaffing causing the wires to touch each other or the engine resulting in a signal loss. Next I would be looking into a concern with worn out chain tensioners and guides causing these issues.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have heard of something going on with the crankshaft also ? or should i just go ahead and pull valve covers off and see if the chains are loose? thanks. the only codes i have ever received where cam sensors.

I would let it idle and wiggle the CKP, CMP sensors wiring and connectors and the cam actuators. BE CAREFUL. See if you can get anything to occur while doing this, even the slightest change in sound or rpm should not occur.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was gonna take it apart asap see if chains are loose then 5arR your great thanks

Thanks for the update. Please keep in touch. I have to work as hard as I can to get the post rated prior to the 22nd when the post times out and closes or I am no longer notified if you reply.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i didnt think your reply was finished and i got charged twice?

I have nothing at all to do with the fees, only what I write here. Customer service can help with that though. I just answer questions, hope to be rated so I am paid for my assistance.