Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My car is idling very bad
, I have a 99 mustang 3.8 v6,

Customer Question

Customer: my car is idling very bad
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 99 mustang 3.8 v6, just changed the spark plugs, the coils and the spark plug wires, also cleaned the IAC . started and still it is idling badly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: the no 5 or 6 cylinder is not firing,due to the fact that when i removed the sparkplug, the tip is wet
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: i can wait
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help. You did wire it like this correct?

Also, can you put a spark tester on the plug wire that is in question, and verify that it is firing? or have you done that yet? and you get NO spark out of the coil pack on 5 or 6? Let us know, thank you.