Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I Tried installing aftermarket head unit on ford f150 2005

Customer Question

I Tried installing aftermarket head unit on ford f150 2005 with deluxe alarm, I cut off factory harness nd wired in the aftermarket one and the stereo worked on all seakers perfectly, I went to start the truck and the alarm won't allow ignition the alarm puts the horn and clicks the locks, any idea what I have done? I'm certain only the head unit harness was touched, please help
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a work truck and I work in a couple hours please help a.s.a.p
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Hello, so the vehicle won't start? When you turn the key to the on position do all lights work normal?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The lights work as usual, everything does, The fob will
Disarm the alarm after each try, I turn the ignition and the engine starts to crank then it all shuts down and horn starts to toot and alarm
Goes off, I'm afraid I shorted something in the head unit wiring harness, any insight?
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Did you cut each wire individually? What kind of item is this that has an alarm?