Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Im just replaced abs module on an 06 ford escape hybrid and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Im dave just replaced abs module on an 06 ford escape hybrid and got a c524, c1477, B2900, and u2023 codes I know so far i need to bleed the brake system just wondering if the vin match code b2900 has to be done at the dealer or if there is a cheaper way doing it im a GM tech familiar with tech ii
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is there any other way programming the abs module other than an IDS? the hybrid brake system was defaulted to manual now i replaced the abs module with master cylinder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

When you replace this ABS unit, IDS programming is required and bleeding this system is a pain. You have to use a pressure bleeder and about 4 bottles of brake fluid. Do you need me to upload any of the Ford steps or diag steps?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've the bleeding procedure my question was is it absolutely necessary to have ids or do u know of any other tool I can use to reprogram the module

I have never used another other than the IDS since I have access to it. There are possibly others which will work but I did a search on them. Its hard to find in there description if they can program a hybrid ABS.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris