Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Advanced auto read code ..Camshaft sensor bank 1...rt

Customer Question

advanced auto read code for CEL..Camshaft sensor bank 1...rt side....bought and replaced..ez enough and truck seems to run a lil smoother...but should light go out on its own and if so how long should it take or is it a manual reset
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If the problem is fixed it will eventually reset itself but sometimes it takes up to 250 or even 300 miles. Its quicker to reset it and also easier to tell if the problem is fixed. If the code comes back you know it isnt fixed.. if it stays gone its fixed.

If advanced had the scan tool to show the problem and sell you the part they can clear the code too. Sometimes they have a store policy not allowing it but to a guy that makes 8 bucks an hour a 20 dollar tip can go a long ways ;)

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks