Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I am working on a 2001 F250 that even with the ignition

Customer Question

I am working on a 2001 F250 that even with the ignition switch off and the key in my pocket the vehicle accessories act like the key is on, power windows work, key chime goes off when the door is open ect.... This issue is draining the battery constantly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Can you tell me if the truck has been exposed to heavy rain lately?

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The common caused for the type of problem you are having can be caused by water intrusion into the interior fuse panel and the GEM module which mounts to the top of it. The leak usually come from the top left side of the windshield and allows water to run down the left windshield post and drip on the GEM/fuse panel which causes internal shorting when it get wet. I would start with inspecting the fuse panel as well as the GEM for any signs of moisture and or corrosion from moisture.